As an all volunteer organization, we are always looking for new members who are interested in getting involved and being available when needed in the community.
Position: Volunteer Firefighter
Job Summary: Under the supervision of officers, members will respond to fire alarms, structure fires, motor vehicle accidents and all other calls as needed. Members are responsible for meeting the minimum requirements for the department.
- All applications must pass a background investigation and drug test. If you are unsure of something in your background which might prevent you from joining, please email us at email@example.com
- Minimum age – 21
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must attend one week at TEEX in College Station or attend Bastrop County Fire Academy within 12 months of joining department.
- Training will be paid for by SVFD
- TEEX is one week @ Texas A&M during the month of July
- BCFA Academy is usually every other Saturday over the course of several months with assigned reading and skills practice between classes. Exact dates vary from class to class.
- Attendance at in-house training sessions
- Ability to respond to emergency calls
- Ability to operate in a “chain of command” structure
- All new members will be on a probationary status for one year, within that time, all of the above requirements must be met.
If you have the interest, time and ability, please fill out an application and drop it off at:
City Hall on Main Street
Smithville Police Department at 105 NW 4th Street
or you can email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org